Upcycling with Denim - Online Sit&Sew Information
Registration Is Always Open: Price - Only $39
Access course "On Demand" anytime, anywhere, with a computer, tablet or smartphone and Unlimited access to the course for ONE YEAR. (year starts at course start date or point of purchase)
This class is all about denim! Learn how to upcycle your favorite pair of old jeans" jacket or even thrift-store finds. We will learn how to deconstruct denim into wonderful useable elements" and show you some great techniques for making denim easier to sew in several great projects!
Upcycling and redesigning are passions for Kelly Nagel. She has been sewing and upcycling for almost 40 years and in that time she has created lots of fun projects and upcycling techniques. Kelly says "For as long as denim has been around" we have found ways to reuse it and upcycle it! Denim is such a great fabric for so many things, and I especially love it when it has been 'worn-in'. That is when denim has the most character. It can, however, be tricky to work with because of the thickness and the stretch. In this class "I will show you how to use both of those properties to your advantage!"
Upcoming Class ScheduleMore Classes Coming Soon
In this class, she will share with you the tricks she has learned for working with denim, stabilizing denim, and choosing the right denim items to upcycle. She will go through step-by-step how to make a cool backpack and a pillow cover. You will get full instructions and videos for these projects, as well as a fun and inspiring trunk show that will give you some great ideas on other denim upcycles you can do. BONUS: Kelly is giving you a free pattern of her upcycled denim journal cover. It makes a great gift!
REMEMBER…you get to download and keep the instructions and videos forever! So there really is no timetable for this course once you do that. You work at your own pace and Sulky will help you anytime in the future with any questions you might have.
Benefits of this Course Includes:
- Learn the basics of denim and how to choose the right denim for your project.
- Learn how to stabilize denim to make it easier to sew.
- Learn how to deconstruct a pair of jeans.
- Learn the proper tools to use to make all your denim upcycling projects easier.
- Get step-by-step instructions for two great upcycled denim projects and the bonus journal cover project.
- Instructions include videos and step-by-step written and full-color photos of the process for:
- The Upcycled Denim Chevron Pillow cover.
- The Upcycled Denim Drawstring Backpack with a front pocket (with a hidden secret and zipper.
- Bonus instructions for the Upcycled Denim Journal cover.
- An inspiring trunk show by Kelly to show you lots the ways you can use the techniques you learn in this class in a variety of different projects.
Projects: Upcycling with Denim
THINK YOU'RE TOO BUSY?
This online course is designed to fit into even the busiest of schedules! The course has no set meeting time. It is available to you anytime from 10/23/17 or whenever you sign up thereafter" day or night" for one full year. And because we include full-color" step-by-step downloadable written directions" and step-by-step downloadable videos to accompany each technique" too" you can practice the techniques again and again anytime in the future" long after the year is over. And the price point is unbeatable!
« Previous Page