Troubleshooting: Needle Size/Breakage
- I have been experiencing problems with my thread breaking lately, what suggestions do you have for solving this?
- Okay, I didn't know about the laundering cautions, and my thread "bled" onto my garment. What do I do now?
- I know I can't bleach Sulky rayon threads, but can I use the "color-safe" bleaches?
- How should I launder Sulky threads?
Polyester vs. Rayon
- Since it's stronger, why shouldn't I use polyester thread instead of rayon for all my decorative stitching?
Rayon vs. Cotton or Nylon
How Far Does A Sulky Spool Go
- How far does Sulky go?
- I know Sulky is high quality, but I was thinking maybe I should be looking into buying threads on cones now that I'm doing so much embroidery. Would that really be more economical?
- Can I get a conversion chart so that I can use Sulky threads instead of the thread that the design calls for?
Real Thread Charts
Metallic in the Bobbin
- Why would I want to use Sulky 30 wt. Rayon?
- What's the difference between the Sulky 30 weight and 40 weight Rayon threads?
- What's the difference between the Sulky 30 weight and 12 weight Cotton Threads?
- Can I use Sulky 12 wt. or 30 wt. Cotton for built-in decorative stitches on my machine?
Sulky "Snap Spools"
- Did you know that all our spools have at least one "snap spool" end - including the kingsize, Maxi-Spools, and Jumbo Cones?
Missing Sulky Color Numbers
Sulky 12 wt. and 30 wt. Solid Color & New "Blendables" Cotton Thread
- Is Sulky Cotton colorfast?
- Can I use the Sulky 12 wt. Cotton in the bobbin?
- Is the heavy Sulky 12 wt Cotton suitable for both hand and machine work?
- Can I use prewound bobbins with Sulky 12 wt Cotton on the top?
- Is Sulky 12 wt Cotton like the Cotty thread that was available some years ago?
- I like to use 14/90 metallic needles for decorative stitching, is that okay?
- If my thread breaks using this heavier Cotton thread, what do you recommend?
- Does it matter which spool pin I use?
- What size needle should I use with Sulky 12 wt Cotton?
- Can I use the Sulky 12 wt. or 30 wt. Cotton for computerized embroidery?
- Isn't Cotton a "linty" thread?